Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Pagination doesn't work anymore

Seppi's Avatar Seppi
Hi dear Regular Labs team

On our website, we're using this bit of code in the module position on the right side:
<p>{articles category="178" ordering="tauf-datum DESC" per_page="5" pagination="true"}</p>
<ul class="uk-list">
<li class="el-item">
<div class="el-title uk-margin-remove uk-h6 uk-text-emphasis">[custom-date-field format="d. F Y"]</div>
<div class="el-meta uk-h5 uk-margin-remove">[title]</div>
<div class="el-content uk-panel uk-text-meta">[location]</div>
</li>
</ul>
<p>{/articles}</p>

If you want to go to the next page, it will add ?page=2 to the URL alright, but the switch doesn't actually happen. You'll always stay on page 1.

What do we miss here?

Thanks and best regards

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
It is working fine on my setups. So I cannot reproduce the issue.
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Seppi's Avatar Seppi
Hi Peter

Thanks a lot for taking care of our issue. It's really strange indeed, since it worked on our site as well - until... ?

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Just let us know, if you need any further information.

Thank you so much

Peter
Well, the reason is you have the Page Cache system plugin enabled. That caches the entire page including all modules.
You don't want that plugin enabled.

Read for more on caching here: www.joomlabeginner.com/blog/tutorials/81...able-cache-in-joomla
Seppi's Avatar Seppi
Hi Peter

Hero! Thanks a lot for the hint. We just disabled the plugin, which didn't had any impact. But as soon as I disabled the whole Joomla! caching, the pagination worked.

What would you suggest concerning caching? We have some heave data loading going on from dpcalendar (from Google Calendar)... I fear we can't «live» with no caching at all.

thank you again

Peter
When using normal caching (conservative), you can disable caching on specific modules that you want to exclude from cache. Which is also explained in that tutorial.
Seppi's Avatar Seppi
thanks a lot! I must admit we were not aware of those caching issues (I know, I know: It's «rtfm» 😉).
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription