Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Include/Exclude Exclusivity issue

Sharkey Ecommerce Consulting Ltd's Avatar Sharkey Ecommerce Consulting Ltd
I have an up to date J3.6.5 using AMMP 7.0.3 with an up to date GeoIP database. We're using AMMP to display a different custom HTML module to each of X different countries. We have set the UK module for example to include only the country 'United Kingdom', and the Ireland module to include only the country 'Ireland', and the Canada module to include only the country 'Canada', however all 3 modules show when accessing from Ireland.

Does the include function act as 'only include' or some other way? Would I be better to use the exclude function, excluding all countries except the ones I want the selected module to display in?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
If you set a module to 'Include' by only 'Ireland', then it shouldn't show up in other countries.

Please try the latest development version from:
www.regularlabs.com/development-releases

If it still shows when it shouldn't, can you give me (super) admin access so I can take a look?
And tell me what module (name/ID) is showing on what url where it shouldn't.
You can use the 'Hidden text' button in the forum editor to hide the confidential information.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the speedy response.

I installed the RC version and I forced a GeoIP database update just in case here was a database issue. No joy. I'm developing locally so I'll pop this up on a live dev server and then send you access.
Hi Peter,

Actually it appears to behave as expected on the live development server, so perhaps /localhost was causing the modules to show everywhere regardless, which may even be a feature for the database for testing purposes.

Thank you nonetheless.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Ah, on localhost GeoIP cannot see what country you are from, as your IP is always 127.0.0.1.
So yes, that will always default to "show the module".
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription